Definitions and Law
The contract is the document or documents that set out these conditions and all other details about your agreement with us.
“We” and “Us” “Owner” and “Our” mean the seller/supplier of the goods
“You” or “Your” or “Hirer” means the hirer of the goods
The “Goods” mean all goods to be hired by us to you
The “Recipient” means the person, firm, company, corporation or public authority to whom the goods are delivered, when it is not you. These conditions exclude any terms and conditions you may have put forward, except where we have agreed to any amendments or other conditions in writing.
Magic Mirror Hire
- Please ensure that you have obtained permission at your venue to use picture booth.
- Please ensure there is access to a plug socket close to the set up point.
- Please ensure there is sufficient space at your venue to set up the photo booth (2m x 1.5m minimum)
- Please ensure there is clear access to load and unload at the venue.
- Please inform us of any circumstances that would make setting the booth up more demanding, including going upstairs, long distances from unloading area to venue etc. We allocate a set period of time for setting up our equipment at your venue which is included within you price, but if there are any complications that are not made known to us beforehand then unfortunately this will come out of the run time.
- In the event that Selfie Stars is not ready to commence at the agreed time due to our fault, then we will still give you the agreed hire period by extending the finishing time of the hire. In the event that the hire does not start at the agreed time, as setup has been delayed due to any unforeseen circumstances that are no fault of picture booth, then the hire will still end as per the agreed time on booking form. In the event that we have set up in time but the hire does not start at the agreed time due to over running of previous activities by you or venue, the hire will still end as per the agreed time on booking form.
- Selfie Stars cannot be held responsible for any circumstances that may prevent us from attending your event, these may include but are not limited to severe weather conditions, traffic delays, breakdown of our vehicles, sickness or equipment failure. In the case that we cannot attend or fulfill your hire due to events beyond our control we will contact you or the venue as soon as possible. In these instances our liabilty will be limited to refunding all of monies paid.
- Provider agrees to have a Magic Mirror Photo Booth operational for a minimum of 80% during this period; operations may need to be interrupted for maintenance of the Photo Booth.
- A £100 deposit is required at the time of booking a photo booth, the remaining balance is due 14 days prior to your event. If the operator uses the equipment for a time period in excess of the service period agreed to overleaf, the overage in rental time will be billed to the operator at the following rates: £100 per hour. Idle hours are charged at £50 per hour. Payment for any overage in time must be paid before additional hours are provided.
- Any request for a date change must be made in writing. If you need to cancel your booking and give us less than 30 days notice your deposit will not be refunded. Should you wish to rebook us for a future date we would give you a £50 credit towards the future booking. If you need to cancel your booking and give us less than 7 days notice you will be liable to still pay the full amount of the hire.
- Selfie Stars will not tolerate any abuse or threatening behavior to our staff. If this does occur Selfie Stars are within their rights to terminate the hire. We are providing a service to yourselves and guests and therefore feel that our staff should be treated with the respect they deserve.
- Selfie Stars are also within their right to terminate a hire if they feel that any equipment or property belonging to Selfie Stars is in danger of getting damaged or has been damaged due to unruly behavior from guests. We also reserve the right to refuse guests admission into the photo booth if we feel they are too unruly.
- In any instances where we feel there is a need to terminate the hire we will always speak with the host first to try to resolve the matter before terminating. If we do have to terminate the hire due to reasons stated above, the full cost of hire is still payable and we will not issue any refunds for hire time that has been cut short.
- Selfie Stars may use any of the photographs from your event for suitable means, this includes but is not limited to advertising and promotional material either in print or on the internet. Attending your event would mean we are of the understanding that permission has been granted to do so by yourselves and your guests.
- Your booking is not confirmed until you receive a booking confirmation letter or email from us.
- Our photo booths are for indoor use only, unless discussed with ourselves before hire, requires one mains power socket and must be on a completely flat & level surface. Our photo booths may be located within a marquee, but please note the above power and level surface requirements.
- Please contact us if you are unclear on any of our terms and conditions before you book a booth for your event. We are only too happy to answer any questions you may have
- By ticking the agreement box, it means you agree to all of our Terms and Conditions.
Popcorn, Candy Floss and Hod Dog Machines
Please be aware of the following information when hiring our machines. Our machines require access to a standard UK plug and our machine should be stationed within 20 meters of a plug socket. We will provide an extension lead. Our machines will produce some heat and steam and therefore we suggest for them to be located in a well ventilated area.
If we agree to hire any goods or items to you (“the Equipment”), this will be subject to the following terms and conditions.
1.1 If you are hiring on behalf of a business or organisation you confirm that you have the necessary authority to enter into this contract on behalf of that business or organisation, and that you will indemnify us against all losses and expense which may be incurred if this is not the case.
1.2 We reserve the right to decline some or all of your order, for any reason.
2.1 You may place your hire order with us by email, phone, online or in person.
2.2 We will provide you with an order quote confirming availability (or otherwise) of the Equipment and stating total costs including installation, delivery or other applicable charges.
2.3 The contract between you and Selfie Stars will be formed when you advise us that you accept the order quote.
3 Hire Charges
3.1 Our hire charges and all other applicable charges will be as shown in the order quote and on our website. The order quote or confirmation or invoice will also show the date the fee is due and the period of the hire.
3.2 All equipment will be in clean, good working condition, and should be returned to us in the original condition supplied (without damage).
3.3 You agree to reimburse us for all costs in connection with repairing or replacing Equipment not returned good working condition and will be liable for charges at the daily rate shown in the order quote for the period of such repair or replacement.
3.4 We reserve the right to impose additional charges at the daily rate for the period in which any item of Equipment is not available for use by our other customers because of your breach of these terms and conditions.
3.5 Where we have taken a damage deposit we may retain the whole or part of this in order to set against any liability you have to us in relation to the hire of the Equipment.
4.1 We require a £100 deposit to secure your booking.
4.2 We accept payment by cash or BACS transfer.
4.3 Where any payment is not made by the date specified in the order quote we reserve the right to cancel your order and remove your date from our calender.
4.4 Any deposit paid is non-refundable. Except under circumstances under clause 12.3.
5.1 We only deliver hire services to customers in the United Kingdom.
5.2 Equipment will be delivered or collected by you in good working order. Unless notice is received to the contrary on acceptance or set up, Equipment will be deemed to be in good working order and in good condition.
5.3 Our estimated time for delivery will be stated in the order quote or invoice. We hope to deliver these estimates but occasionally delays will occur, despite our best efforts. We will not be liable for any delay or failure to deliver within such estimated timescales.
6 Installation / Collection
6.1 Where we are unable to set up through error or fault on your part, we reserve the right to charge for our time at the rates shown on the order quote, or at £10 per hour.
6.2 If electric point is required for the service it must be located within 10 metres of where hire item is set up. Electric points must take standard uk plugs.
6.3 Any consumables left on the hire item when we collect will be rightfully property of Selfie Stars. We are not obliged to return (by post/courier) any consumables after collection has been made.
6.4 Be advised that foods that involve cooking on site (Popcorn, Candy Floss, Hot Dogs) will produce heat. We advise on our website to locate these machines in well-ventilated rooms with high ceilings so as not to affect any smoke alarms. Selfie Stars cannot be responsible for any smoke alarm / fire alarm going off at the venue and affecting the event and any or items on site (evacuation, time delay, sprinkler system, etc). Upon hire of these machines and selecting the location on site the customer is responsible for this action. Contact us in advance if you have any concerns over this prior to the event.
6.5 Our staff need to be advised in advance if there are stairs to encounter on site where we will be loading / unloading hire equipment. If the elevator on site is not functioning or has limited space restrictions we will also need to be aware of this in advance.
7.1 The risk in the Equipment will pass to you upon delivery or installation, or, where you choose to uplift the Equipment directly, at the moment of uplift.
7.2 When uplifting the Equipment directly from us you should ensure that you have suitable transport as we reserve the right to refuse removal of Equipment where appropriate arrangements for safe and lawful transport of the Equipment has not been made. If the start of the hire is delayed for this reason we reserve the right to charge at the daily rate shown in the order quote during the period of delay.
8.1 You will not be entitled to cancel the contract once the Equipment has been uplifted or delivered, unless we agree to such cancellation.
8.2 If you are a business customer and wish to cancel the contract within 60 days of the start of the hire the following cancellation charges will apply (being a percentage of the hire charge excluding delivery and extra charges).
- a) 21 – 60 days before start of hire period – 25% of hire charge.
- b) 10 – 21 days before start of hire period –50% of hire charge.
- c) 0 – 240 hours before start of hire period –100% of hire charge.
8.3 If you are a consumer then you have the right to cancel the contract for a period of 7 days starting from the day after the contract is formed, or until the hire commences, whichever is the sooner.
8.4 If you are a consumer cancelling under clause 8.3 then you must advise us in writing immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not obliged to accept cancellation after this period.
8.5 A fee of £25 admin fee also applicable on all cancellations.
8.6 As per clause 4.4; Any deposit paid is non-refundable.
9 Your responsibilities
9.1 You will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Equipment is not damaged or misused during the period of the hire. This includes ensuring that the Equipment can safely be used with any other items which you use.
9.2 You will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any person operating or using the Equipment during the period of the hire is instructed in the safe and proper operation of the Equipment.
9.3 You shall not sell or attempt to sell or otherwise dispose of the Equipment.
9.4 You shall reimburse us for all costs in connection with repairing or replacing Equipment not returned in good condition, pay us the full retail cost of any Equipment which is lost stolen or damage beyond economic repair, and insure the Equipment against such liability.
9.5 At our discretion you agree to pay the full daily rate for all items of Equipment which require to be replaced or repaired until such repair or replacement has been completed.
9.6 This clause 9 shall not affect your statutory rights or seek to exclude liability which cannot be excluded under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
9.7 Your responsibility for the goods begins when you or your agent receive the goods and ends only when the goods have been returned to us or collected by us. Your responsibilities include safe keeping of the goods and protection against the elements, theft, vandalism, weather damage or improper use. You are responsible for the return of the goods and making clear arrangements with us for the collection of the goods at the end of the hire.
9.8 It is your responsibility to make sure that all people who use the Equipment are properly instructed in its safe and correct use and that they are in possession of all instructions supplied by us. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide all suitable clothing. You must ensure that the Equipment is not misused.
9.9 No responsibility can be accepted by Selfie Stars for injury caused by use of equipment hired. No Liability accepted for any stock lost by malfunction of the equipment on hire.
9.10 It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that users of the equipment exercise adequate care to avoid injury. Selfie Stars will not accept responsibility for injury caused through irresponsible behaviour.
9.11 It will be your responsibility at all times to arrange a suitable supply of electricity for use with the Equipment. Under no circumstances should electrical Equipment be used without it being correctly earthed unless it is of double insulated specification. You will be responsible for complying with requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 during the period of your responsibility for the Equipment.
9.12 If self-service it is your responsibility to comply with Health and Safety law including Food Hygiene Certification for your staff, etc.
10.1 You agree to properly maintain the Equipment during the period of the hire and to notify us as soon as reasonably practicable if there is a problem with the operation of any item of Equipment.
10.2 You shall not alter or modify the Equipment or use it for purposes for which it is not designed.
10.3 You agree that we have a right of access to the Equipment in order to inspect, repair or replace it and you authorise us to enter any property where the Equipment is located or where we reasonably believe it to be located, to carry out such inspection, repair or replacement.
10.4 Any breakdown or any unsatisfactory working of Equipment must be immediately notified to us. Under no circumstances must you repair or attempt to repair the Equipment unless authorised by us. The Equipment must be returned to our premises for examination except where examination elsewhere has been mutually agreed upon. You must notify us immediately if the Equipment is involved in any accident resulting in damage to the Equipment or to other property, or injury to any person.
11 Liability and Indemnity
11.1 To the fullest extent permissible under English law, we will not be liable for any losses you incur arising out of or in connection with the hire of the Equipment.
11.2 Notwithstanding the terms of clause 7.1 in the event that we are held liable for losses which you have incurred arising out of or in connection with the hire of the Equipment, our liability to you shall be limited to a sum equal to the amount paid by you for the Equipment hired.
11.3 You agree to indemnify us at all times in respect of all claims by any person in relation to any injury, loss, claim or expense arising out of or in connection with the use of the Equipment.
11.4 If you are a consumer, this clause 11 does not affect you statutory rights.
12 Termination of Hire
12.1 We shall be entitled to terminate the contract immediately and to repossess the Equipment at any time where you are in breach of these terms and conditions, or you take any steps, or if any process or action is started which, in our reasonable opinion suggests that your solvency is in doubt.
12.2 Where the provisions of clause 12.1 apply, you authorise us to enter any property where we reasonably believe Equipment to be, in order to repossess such Equipment.
12.3 We shall be entitled to terminate the contract in the event that equipment is damaged/under repair before your hire date and that the damage isn’t caused by you or your party and we are unable to provide an alternative by the date of your hire.
14 Personalised Products
14.1 Order Acceptance – We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods you order before your order can be accepted. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
14.2 Machine Printed Goods – The delivered quantity of your product may vary by ±10% of the ordered quantity.
14.3 Delays beyond our control – We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes).
14.4 Copyright designs – It is the client’s responsibility to gain authorisation to use any copyrighted material/logos.
14.5 Designs – We may occasionally use examples produced for brochures, samples, web site. If this is not acceptable it must be clearly stated on official order or artwork approval.
15.1 For your peace of mind we strongly recommend that a suitable insurance be taken out by yourself as all hire equipment is the responsibility of the customer during the hire period, including our equipment left at other premises. No insurance is provided by Selfie Stars for loss / theft / damage.
16 Governing law
16.1 These terms and conditions and the contract for the hire of the Equipment are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Sweet Cart Hire
We shall make our best efforts to supply you with the goods requested, but we reserve the right to supply you with similar goods.
All goods for hire remain our property. All goods for sale remain our property and will remain with us until full payment has been made. Deliveries to third parties or unoccupied premises are made entirely at your risk.
Prices quoted are for four hours hire only apart from day of delivery and collection. Subsequent days will be charged at a daily rate unless a special agreement has been arranged prior to the event between the Owner and the Hirer
We require a non-refundable deposit of £100 to reserve your booking. Bookings can be made by email or by telephone please note that all dates will only be provisionally booked until the deposit has been paid or we receive payment in full.
We require payment in full no less than two weeks before the event. Should we not hear from you before this time then we will assume that our services are no longer required and cancel the order, you will be notified by email should this happen.
A confirmation email detailing the order details and despatch date will be sent upon receiving payment.
You can cancel your order anytime up to 6 weeks before your event with no financial penalty. Any orders cancelled after the 6 week period will be charged a cancellation fee, this will be 75% of the total order value.
Any orders cancelled within four weeks of the event date will be charged at the full order value.
Should you wish to cancel your order with us then it must be done so in writing and we must acknowledge receipt of this. Please note that the booking deposits are non-refundable.
If for any unforeseen reason we are forced to cancel your order then you will be notified by email and all deposits, payments made will be refunded in full.
Last minute bookings
We are able to cater for last minute bookings; we class last minute bookings as any orders placed with less than four weeks before the event date. Last minute orders are subject to availability and we require payment in full before confirming the order.
Please note we cannot accept responsibility for any items that are received late due to non-delivery, late collection, non-collection, breakdown or unsuitability.
We reserve the right to change our product prices without notice. Once the holding deposit has paid the total order value will be honoured and will not be subject to change. Quotes given by email or telephone may be subject to change on price or availability until the holding deposit is paid.
The hire period is agreed when booking, unless otherwise stated.
Please note that if our item is not ready for collection on the agreed date then you will be subject to a charge for each failed collection. There will also be a daily charge for each individual item whilst the item remains uncollected. These charges will be invoiced and sent directly to you, we would then require payment no later than 30 days from the invoice date.
Changes to your booking
We appreciate that you may need to change your booking/order due to a number of reasons, should this happen we require you to notify us within a reasonable time period, all alterations will be subject to availability.
Missing items or damaged items will be charged at the full replacement value, we will not accept any substitute replacements. We also reserve the right to charge you for any loss of profit as a result of the loss or damaged goods. Should you be charged for any damage you may request by email, phone or written communication that the goods be returned to you, this must be within 14 days of being informed by us of the charges. If you wish to have the damaged goods returned to you this will be done so at your own cost. Should we not hear from you within the 14 days then the named items will be disposed of.
We expect items to be returned in the same condition as when they were provided.
Any damages/breakages to our glassware will be charged at full replacement value.
Any items we deem as unreasonably damaged will be charged at the full replacement value, including our sweet carts.
We expect our hire items to be returned dirty and with potential marks and non-permanent stains, what we deem as unreasonable damage is any items that are no longer fit for hire, due to non-repairable damage and permanent marks/stains.
Selfie Stars accepts no liability for any injuries or damage to any persons or property arising from any items under hire.
Selfie Stars cannot be deemed liable should any guests at your function take an allergic reaction to any sweets/cakes/biscuits provided at your event. Should any of your guests have a nut allergy or similar please notify us and we will try our very best to provide an alternative for such guests. If an alternative cannot be provided it is the customer’s responsibility to notify their guests.
Children should be supervised at all times as Selfie Stars CANNOT be held responsible if a child chokes on any of the items provided at the event.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the hired items are covered by that of your own insurance or the venues insurance with regards to public liability risks. Selfie Stars will not be liable for any claims made by any persons for injuries or damages caused by or in conjunction with the hired items, including our fitting service.
Selfie Stars reserves the right to take photographic images of the cart at your event and use them for marketing purposes.
All our staffs are all hygiene qualified & approved to catering supervisor standard which is over and above what is required. Hygiene is our number one priority for all our services. e.g: all sweets jars etc are sealed until guests arrive.
Any failure by us to enforce any or all of our terms and conditions shall not or be interpreted as a waiver of any of our rights.
Acceptance of Terms
By placing an order for any goods or services form Selfie Stars you are deemed to have read and agreed to our terms and conditions. We shall require a signed booking form from you agreeing to these terms when placing your order.